just like the thoughts of my mind

I’ll meet you on the other side; I’ll meet you in the light

So that’s pretty much it for Nottingham, the many boxes are backed and the suitcases are crammed. I’ve neglected blogging recently due to the fact that I’ve mostly been wearing jeans and an old t-shirt to pack and clean. The move feels like it’s been a long time coming but really we only decided 12 weeks ago that it was time to part the shores of Nottingham and to relocate to Liverpool. I feel scared and excited all at once, more excited than scared right now but there have been a number of times of the last couple of weeks where I’ve just had to take to my bed and pull the duvet right up and make strange whimpering noises – usually still fully dressed. Me and darling boyfriend are creating a vision – vision not fantasy – of our future together in Liverpool, starting with our apartment, and then with our lives. We’re planning together and it feels incredible to have such a commitment and intimacy with one person; especially when I’ve spent a lot of my life living like an island.

So what has this got to do with fashion I hear you cry? Well nothing really, this isn’t the direction I’ll be taking my blog just an expression of why I haven’t blogged recently and why I won’t be blogging again after today until I have an internet connection up and running.

A couple of exciting things to share (well exciting for me) I recently took the giant leap to become part of the smart phone generation and during up upgrade went for a blackberry. Oh my, how did I live without one before? Fabulous little thing, which although I’m still getting used to certainly seems to be melting my heart. I’ve been a Sony Ericsson girl for years and was told/warned during the upgrade phone call (read sales pitch) that once you’ve had a blackberry you never go back. I don’t think my curve is a newfangled all singing all dancing model, but it unquestionably doing it for me. My only two tiny gripes are that mobile internet is very very slow unless you connect via wifi and my model doesn’t allow for skpe, other than that I’m an extremely happy customer. There was another exciting thing I wanted to tell you but I’ve forgotten, so I’m sure it can’t have been that exciting to begin with.

And just to tie up lose ends, I set myself a challenge for March to spend £25 on clothes/accessories etc which was only to be increased if I sold things on ebay/made them spend neutral. Well I have no idea how I did, I’ve ended up with lots of new (second hand) pretty things in my wardrobe (currently suitcases soon to be in shiny new wardrobes) and lots of money in my paypal account, so I think it was a win win situation. I might set myself another new challenge soon, we’ll see.

Anyway enough of my drivel, please all think of me tomorrow (move day) and over the coming week and I hope to be with you all again soon.

Lots of love

Queenie xx

Sharon.  – (3 April 2010 at 14:33)  

Good luck with the move hun Im sure it will be fine see you soon xx

daisychain  – (3 April 2010 at 18:16)  

Best of luck for tomorrow darling x

Disco Goth  – (3 April 2010 at 19:17)  

I hope the move goes smoothly for you and make sure you unpack the last box ! See you on the other side xx

giddynici  – (3 April 2010 at 19:58)  

Best of luck hun. Can't wait to hear how you are getting on in Liverpool. x

Helga  – (3 April 2010 at 21:24)  

Hope it all goes smoothly and stress free!!!

heartshapedbruise.  – (3 April 2010 at 22:50)  

Best wishes for the move :) & huge congratulations on the success of your challenge - that's pretty impressive!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Louise Mc  – (3 April 2010 at 23:19)  

Good luck with the big move. I look forward to reading your blog when you are all connected in the new place.

Jen  – (5 April 2010 at 14:28)  

Good luck with the move - I hope you're all settled in now! Surrounded by boxes maybe, but in!

I love my Blackberry too - such a fab little thing!

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx