just like the thoughts of my mind

Are you hoping for a miracle…it’s not enough

I’m really loving Bloc party at the minute, there is something about putting it on really loud and singing along, unless of course just as you’re belting out the chorus – totally out of tune and key – someone walks in on you. Yup that happened to me at work the other morning, how embarrassing.

Well it’s been a few days since I blogged, simply because I’ve not really had much to blog about. I’ve mostly being working (as a cleaning, early mornings and afternoons) and packing for the big move which takes place a week tomorrow; I can’t believe that it’s come round so quickly! Scary but very exciting all at once. So anyway, getting back to business, I’ve mostly been wearing jeans and a nike hoodie all week; not exactly blog worthy; and I’ve felt shabby about myself as a result. There is something about dressing up which gives me a confidence I never knew I had, mostly these days I’m not self/body conscious (read: obsessed) – although I do have the odd few days where I have ‘fat days’ and nothing in my wardrobe works - and it’s such a freedom to be able to wear clothes which are pretty and feel comfortable. I’ve been to spend some time today with some very good friends who love and support me in such an incredible way and I feel spurred on for the final push towards the move this week.


Dress: 30p jumble sale
Tights: 75p internationale
Shoes: £4.99 charity shop (brand new too!)
Pearls: 50p car boot
Pearl Earrings: real ones, a pressie from boyfriend
Flower (in hair) - £1 Primark

I’ve blogged this dress recently but I love it so much I wanted to wear it again, so I added different coloured tights and shoes, people have been very complimentary all day. It never ceases to amaze me how the items of clothing I end up loving the most usually cost me the least amount of money, I think this dress is going to be a staple for the spring/ summer.

I’ve decided not to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to go carbooting as the clocks go forward I’d have to be up an hour earlier and to be honest I could do with a big long rest, so that’s what I’m going to do, Hurrah! (and not only that I’ve been very spend happy lately, I dread to think how much I’ve actually spent (everything I’ve bought has been second hand from jumble sales/carboots/charity shops), thankfully selling on ebay has meant it’s all spend neutral.

(but a small part of me wonders if I'm missing out and it would be my last carboot in this city before I move)

I feel that I need a blog challenge or something extra but feel like I’m having a creative block at the moment. I’d like to blog on those days where my outfit really isn’t up to scratch but unsure what to write about. Suggestions on a postcard to the usual address please.

Lots of Love

Queenie xxx

daisychain  – (27 March 2010 at 18:29)  

I love that dress so damn much, especially with those tights x

char  – (27 March 2010 at 18:35)  

Love this outfit, what a brilliant juble sale bargain!! xx

Jen  – (27 March 2010 at 19:27)  

Oh, that DRESS! I die. It's so gorgeous. And for 30 tiny pence? Best bargain ever, surely! :)

Our boot sale starts at 12 tomorrow so I'll mosey on down for a root. x

Helga  – (27 March 2010 at 19:41)  

LOVING that outfit,Queenie!!!!

Alex  – (27 March 2010 at 22:21)  

Seriously gorgeous dress Queenie - looks perfect on you and I can't get over how cheap it was.

Good luck with the final week of packing :)

heartshapedbruise.  – (27 March 2010 at 22:21)  

Love this dress - the colour is gorgeous.

Hope you enjoy your lie-in tomorrow!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Disco Goth  – (27 March 2010 at 22:35)  

Love the yellow tights with that dress, so unexpected and effective =)

Vix  – (28 March 2010 at 09:15)  

You know how much I love that dress and the tights are fab.
Vix
xxx

Louise Mc  – (2 April 2010 at 11:07)  

I love the dress, and what a bargain.

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx