just like the thoughts of my mind

"I'm just chasing rainbows..."

I often find it difficult to blog my outfit when I’ve not made a huge effort or when I don’t think it’s that interesting, but as discussed recently on the MSE forum I think I need to make the effort to blog it every day anyway. I often think that unless I think an outfit is super interesting and stylish it’s not worth blogging but I think by having a photographic diary of what I do wear on a daily basis that will show me where I could make little tweaks or changes to jazz up an ordinary/plain outfit or the ruts I can find myself falling into when I can’t be bothered.

One thing starting this blog has done is made me think more about the outfits I pick out and instead of having a wardrobe full of clothes I never wear I’ve been making much more of an effort to pull them out and showcase them. It’s also given me much more confidence about my appearance and style, and by reading other blogs and seeing what other people wear has given me the courage to experiment a little bit more. (eg I’d have never worn coloured tights in the past), so a big thank you to everyone who blogs regularly and comments on my blog.

So here is my outfit today:


Black jersey Dress – Ethel Austin £2.50
Black Treggings – New Look sale £7
Blue Office Pixie Boots - £5 charity shop
Blue Primark Cardigan - £10ish
Necklace 99p charity shop (bought yesterday)

And my latest charity shop find, I found this beauty for £2.99 (excuse my PJ’s thrown on the bed!)


I love the indie look, there’s something about that 90’s Britpop look that makes me feel sqidgy inside. I’ve got a bottle green jacket like similar and now spring is coming am looking forward to dusting it off and strutting my stuff. ooooOOoo I feel inspired to dig out some Shed 7 and have a sing along.

Ta ta for now

Queenie xx

Jas  – (18 March 2010 at 22:06)  

I love velvet jackets; there's one trend I wouldn't mind coming back sooner rather than later!

heartshapedbruise.  – (18 March 2010 at 22:35)  

Really like this outfit - can't believe that dress was only £2.50!
I'm rather jealous of the cardigan - it'd fit perfectly into my wardrobe!

Thanks a lot for the comment :)

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

heartshapedbruise.  – (18 March 2010 at 22:39)  

Btw, yes those shoes are New Look ones!

Jade Purple Brown  – (18 March 2010 at 23:16)  

cute velvet blazer!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Alex  – (18 March 2010 at 23:47)  

Lovely blazer. I have a midnight blue velvet one in the wardrobe just waiting to be squeezed into - clearly a vintage size 16 is an awful lot smaller than a modern day size 16!

Vix  – (19 March 2010 at 07:41)  

Lovely blazer, fabulous find. Love the colour.
The outfit you're wearing is fab, pared down classic style which suits and your lovely figure a treat.
Vix
xxx

Vicki  – (19 March 2010 at 08:17)  

Ah Shed 7 - Seen them twice, amazing!
Love the jacket, I wore a navy one like this around that time!
Vicki xxx

char  – (19 March 2010 at 09:49)  

lovely velvet blazer queenie, i managed to nab one from the ex's wardrobe last time they were doing the rounds in topshop lol..i guess he'll want it back :S blah!

Sharon.  – (19 March 2010 at 10:54)  

As a Britpop kid, I love your velvet jacket! I used to have loads of them when I was a teenager and Ive never been able to find one now that I like! I used to wear mens ones from the chairty shop my fave was a wine coloured one that had matching flared trousers...Im jealous i need to start hunting for one again I think!

Lucy  – (19 March 2010 at 11:21)  

Charity shop finds are by far the best! :)

daisychain  – (19 March 2010 at 17:19)  

Wow your new jacket is amazing! And I love your necklace x

Jolie  – (19 March 2010 at 21:57)  

Wonderful blog darling. I just love your blazer!

Disco Goth  – (19 March 2010 at 22:55)  

LOVE the velvet jacket - one day I will find one that fits me perfectly!

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx