just like the thoughts of my mind

The good the bad and the ugly – cleaning outfit just for fun

Evening all,

Well it’s been a pretty busy day in our house today, as I’ve shared before we’re moving house really soon and today was the day the Landlord was taking viewings for the next tenants. Now don’t get me wrong we don’t live like total slobs, but are comfortable with a little dust and clutter. Today the house was deep cleaned from top to bottom (and thankfully it didn’t go unnoticed by the Landlord) so my outfit consisted of the dress below which is actually a size 18 (I'm holding it in at the waist to try and give it some shape) bought from the jumble sale for 30p because I like the pattern and thought I could make something pretty from it, but having got it home I realised it was covered in stains that won’t come out, even with a heavy duty stain remover, so it was relegated to throwing out pile but was rescued today to wear while I was cleaning. I styled it with a pair of black leggings and my scratty black ugg boots, no accessories and not even a scrap of make up. I’m a classy bird at times.

And time for the big reveal…


I love being able to laugh at myself and boy did I laugh when I saw this photo. No poses, no duplicates or trial runs…just this one single photo to capture my wonderful Mrs Mop outfit.

Still a long way to go then to achieve that aspiration of 50’s housewife class

Lots of Love

Queenie xxx

daisychain  – (19 March 2010 at 20:12)  

<3 and yet you still manage to look utterly awesome!

Vix  – (19 March 2010 at 20:54)  

Wow, wish I looked as good without make-up! That colour is gorgeous on you, surely you could fashion a scarf or a tote bag from the fabric, far too pretty to dump.
Have a great weekend, Queenie!
Vix
xxx

Alex  – (19 March 2010 at 21:14)  

You've got such amazing bone structure you can totally get away with no makeup. Jealous!

The dress is awfully pretty so what a shame about the stains. Is there no way to salvage some of the fabric?

Vicki  – (19 March 2010 at 21:41)  

Lol! It doesn't even look *that* bad. Um the colour is pretty.
I think you're so naturally pretty that the make up doesn't matter.
I can't even go to the local shop without my slap on!
Vicki xxx

Becca.  – (19 March 2010 at 22:05)  

the pattern of the dress is gorgeous, shame about the stains!
love your blog!
let's link swap!
XOXO, BECCA
http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

giddynici  – (19 March 2010 at 22:58)  

You are really being kept busy with this move. And I agree with the girls, you look great without needing any slap on.

Love the atomiser you picked up. Pretty little find.

x

Jen  – (20 March 2010 at 00:03)  

Haha, I love this! You look fab! Hope the move is going okay. x

Nina  – (20 March 2010 at 01:08)  

You so don't look bad at all! Believe me, I look all the worse for the tear on my cleaning days!

Helga  – (20 March 2010 at 02:43)  

Hurrah!You look fab-great choice of cleaning outfit!!!

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx