just like the thoughts of my mind

A mothers love

I’m staying at my mum’s this weekend and mum said those magic words “shall we go to the carboot in the morning?” Those 9 little words were like music to my ears. So off we drove at 7.30, her in her wellies and me in her walking boots - jeans tucked into socks of course being the stylish fashionista that I am – and much needed they were, the mud was horrendous, not that a little mud is going to get between me and my bargains!


Topshop blouse - £1.50

Black Bag - 50p
Pink Topshop Vest Top £1
Orange Tweed Peep Toe Shoes £1.50

Red Herring Dress £2

H&M Culottes 20p

Brown River Island Sleeveless Top 50p 

And last but not least, my fave purchase of the day...

Floral Strapless Dress £1

The jumble sale yesterday wasn’t very good, but I did buy a real fur coat for £1 – I’m not sure what I was thinking! And a floral skirt for 20p which my lovely mummy is currently shortening for me. Aw fanks mum. The fur coat is at home so pics of both to follow.


As the sun is shining I’m going to help mum dig her vegetable patch this afternoon, I’d love to have a space to grown my own but alas city centre living means a lack of green space...perhaps I’ll get an allotment in a few years time if I put my name down now!

Hope you’re all having a lovely Sunday

Lots of Love

Queenie xx

Vicki  – (21 March 2010 at 14:48)  

Lovely bargains Queenie. The polka dot blouse is my favourite I think.
Eeek, if I touched a fur coat while rummaging at the jumble sale I would absolutely freak out, now I'm going to have nightmares about it ahhhh.
Vicki xx

heartshapedbruise.  – (21 March 2010 at 16:36)  

Great buys, as always!

Particularly love the first pic (Topshop blouse) & the floral strapless dress - gorgeous :)

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Alex  – (21 March 2010 at 16:39)  

The floral dress is divine! What a find. And yay for your lovely mum.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin  – (21 March 2010 at 16:46)  

Fabulous scores! Love that pretty floral frock. And wellies can be perfectly fashionable!

giddynici  – (21 March 2010 at 17:19)  

Great buys. The floral dress at the end looks divine. Look forward to seeing them being modelled. x

daisychain  – (21 March 2010 at 17:48)  

WOW, amazing scores my darling :) x

Vix  – (21 March 2010 at 18:07)  

Great finds, Oh Queen of the bargains! I so want that Red Herring dress, the op-art 1950's print is just retro perfection.
Vix
xxx

Jen  – (21 March 2010 at 20:48)  

What great finds! Love those tweedy peep toes. I'm dying to see the fur - will you share? And will you dare to wear? :) x

Lucy  – (21 March 2010 at 21:49)  

So in awe of everything you got, I love car boot sales for exactly this reason! Amazing. x

Disco Goth  – (21 March 2010 at 23:15)  

The Topshop blouse is my favourite and I can't wait to see the coat! I actually think that second hand fur is ok as I think throwing it away is just so sad, something died to make it xx

Helga  – (22 March 2010 at 02:15)  

The blouse and the two frocks are gorgeous!!!Hurrah for Mumsy!!
I don't worry about 2nd hand fur-the deed has been done,and if I at least love and respect the garment,I figure it's the least I can do.And what else would you do with it?Throw it away and waste it??Grye area,I guess,but that's how I feel.

Rachel - Firebird  – (22 March 2010 at 07:59)  

I love love love those shoes. Some excellent bargains, I really need to get myself to a car boot sale at some point xx

Laura  – (22 March 2010 at 17:32)  

love that polka dot blouse! you have great style

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx