just like the thoughts of my mind

Blue and Green should not be seen unless there’s something inbetween


I’m very excited to have received a blogger award from Alex at odd socks and pretty frocks and Helga at helga von trollop, thank you very much ladies. Both have awesome and inspirational blogs so make sure you check them out.

So I have to share with you my idea of a fantasy bag, which is really tough because I’m huge lover of bags. I would like a really good quality bag, made from beautiful leather which would stand the test of time. A Gladstone or a Mulberry would do nicely thank you very much but both are well out of my price range sadly. Both of these bags are gorgeous and I would be a very proud owner of either.

I carry around a lot of stuff so I need something spacious (either that or become less of a horder!) I often carry my lunch and a notebook too so my bag are always busting at the seams. When I'm at uni I've got folders, books, pads, I've often thought I should invest in a trolley!


So I went to a jumble sale last night Hurrah! I arrived at 6.15pm and there were already 3 others in queue, lots of friendly chit chat until the doors opened at 6.30pm and it was war, elbows flying everywhere while bin bags being filled, it always makes laugh that how at the table it is anything goes, but away from the table everyone is polite, chatty and generally having a wonderful time. Quite bizarre but I absolutely love it.  Here are a few things I picked up:

Purple New Look top – 30p
Green flowery dress – 30p (see outfit below)
John Lewis bag – 50p (still had the tags on!)
Floral Teapot – 20p

I really love the floral style of the teapot, I saw lots of tea cups and trinkets at the carboot on Sunday but Boyfriend was on hand to pull me away, he hates this stuff but like I recently blogged I'd fill the house with the stuff, it's just so pretty. I also picked up a floral Laura Ashley Skirt which I’m going to attempt to shorten, there has got to be something me and my limited skills can to do rescue it?! (30p) or maybe it needs to be ebayed?

And if you’re still reading after all that…here is my outfit today which is totally impractical due to the rainy weather:

Dress 30p Jumble sale
Tights 75p internationale
Shoes 99p ebay (plus £2 postage)
Cardigan £10ish Primark last year(not pictured)
Belt 50p Ravel

I’m loving this dress, I have no idea where it is from originally or even what size it is because there is no label. I’ve mixed it up with blues today but as there are hints of yellow in the pattern I think I’ll try it out with my yellow tights next time.

Don’t forget to check out my giveaway if you haven’t entered yet

Lots of love

Queenie x

Jas  – (12 March 2010 at 11:39)  

Love the dress - what a bargain! xx

Vix  – (12 March 2010 at 13:40)  

Oh Queenie dear, that dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you. What a find.
Love the pretty teapot and your other finds, too!
Why not try turning the skirt into culouttes and using the leftover fabric to make a tote bag?
Vix
xxx

heartshapedbruise.  – (12 March 2010 at 15:45)  

Some great buys :) I love the dress you're wearing, it's perfect on you - & for that price? Wow!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

giddynici  – (12 March 2010 at 17:19)  

The teapot is ever so pretty. Well done on all the bargains and yay for the shoes making it to you!!! x

daisychain  – (12 March 2010 at 17:24)  

oh goodness, the teapot and your green dress, I am utterly in love.

Disco Goth  – (12 March 2010 at 19:46)  

That dress is so pretty on you, wear it lots! x

Vicki  – (12 March 2010 at 20:32)  

Oh queenie, I've never seen you look so lovely as in that green dress, the shape is perfect on you...and what a bargain.
Hooray for the shoes turning up I hope they were worth the wait!
Vicki xxx

Alex  – (12 March 2010 at 21:31)  

Oh I love you in green! That dress is gorgeous and suits you so well.

Fab taste in bags too :)

Disco Goth  – (12 March 2010 at 21:53)  

Forgot to say - a girl after my own heart - menthol roll ups =)

Helga  – (13 March 2010 at 02:36)  

Those shoes are fantastic-love the shade of green!And the frock too!!
Good scores at the jumble sale!Hopefully you'll find your fantasy bag(s)at one sometime in the near future!
x

Jennie  – (13 March 2010 at 03:28)  

What a lovely outfit, the shoes are divine!
...xXx

Cherry  – (14 March 2010 at 11:04)  

What cute bags and a great outfit!

Becca.  – (16 March 2010 at 19:58)  

love your vintage items!
thankyou for the comment on my blog!
would you like to link swap?
XOXO, BECCA
http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx