just like the thoughts of my mind

Just popped in to say hello

Hello lovely people,

I bet you all thought I'd forgotten about you? well I haven't, I've just had very limited and sporadic access to the internet, I'm still waiting for Sky to send me my broadband equipment for my connection at home, apparently they have to put the TV in first, then the phone and then we can set up the broadband. They seemed to have installed them in the wrong order of importance for me :( but hey I don't control the way sky operate their business so I'm just having to try and be as patient as I can...but I'll be honest it's rapidly running out, but I know that venting my frustrations at someone in a call centre won't make it happen any quicker.

So the physical move to Liverpool went smoothly the emotional one has been a little more tricky, there has been more than a few tears to say the least but I'm very slowly starting to begin to settle a tiny bit, it's going to be a long journey.

True to form I have been investigating the local charity shops, car boot sales and flea markets and when I'm back up and running I've got lots of pretty things to share with you. Doesn't seem to be many jumble sales up this neck of the wood but I'm going to keep searching. My wardrobe and chest of draws in packed to the rafters so I really shouldn't be investing in any more pieces, even if they are a complete second hand bargain, will it stop me, nope. A colleague at my crappy temp job (yes it really is but more about that in a minute) was shocked when I told her that my whole outfit yesterday, including coat, bag and shoes was second hand, she commented that she wouldn't even be able to buy one top for the cost of my whole outfit. I smiled inside, I love being frugal.

Today's outfit is nearly completely second hand, with the exception of my handbag which was bought from a charity shop but it was brand new. I'm wearing Black boot cut trousers from Next £3 from charity shop, brown sleeveless River Island top 50p from car boot, Oasis Brown leather flats with sequins £1.50 from car boot, H&M Tan coloured mac £3.99 charity shop, accessorised with some wooden bangles which I've had for years.

This weekend has been no exception for bagging some absolute bargains. My mum came to visit and after showing her some of Liverpool we caught a bus up to Allerton (?) to check out the charity shops well it was like a little window of heaven. I spent a total of £16.95 and bought...

Topshop Skirt £2.99
Oasis Slim fit jeans £2.99
Oasis Dress £5.99
Strapless Dress £3.99
Dark Blue Boot cut jeans 99p

Yesterday morning we ventured out to a car boot and despite the sun shining as we had breakfast, it was absolutely freezing! We had a fantastic rummage and my total spend was £6.70:

Floral H&M Skirt 50p
French Connection Summer Skirt 50p
Asos Grey Dress £1
Monsoon Suede Knee Length boots 50p
Oasis Flats with sequin detail £1.50
Brown Brogue style knee length boots £1.50
Next Brown work trousers 50p
Black and grey checked sheer dress 20p (thinking I could use it for layering)
Silky Spotty work blouse 50p

I know it's not the same without pictures...I'll take some pics and post them up at a later date.

So more about the crappy temp job...well I'm archiving paperwork for a charity via an agency. It isn't the most exciting job in the world, in fact it's one of the most boring jobs I've ever done but having said that it's only a week and a day, so I've just got the rest of the day and and maybe tomorrow to get through because they might need my services for an additional day. It's a 5 minute walk from my apartment so no bus fares, it's close to the Docks so I get to have lunch by the water when it's warm, I have a beautiful view over the city, the people are lovely so it's not all bad really...just mind numbingly boring, but I spose I should enjoy the lack of responsibility while it lasts, I hope to be in full time permanent employment soon and life will change again.

I hope to be with you all again every day soon, I miss reading your blogs, I think I'll have to take a whole week off to catch up!!

Queenie xxxx

char  – (4 May 2010 at 12:54)  

hey, you';ve been missed!!
can't wait to see your pics ;)
and have you entered my giveaway yet?? xx

Alex  – (4 May 2010 at 13:23)  

Yay, you went to Allerton Road!! Isn't it just fantastic?!

WeShop  – (4 May 2010 at 15:47)  

Hi Queenie, good to see you blogging again. V impressed with all your bargains - looking forward to seeing the pics at some point. xx
PS I'm Sarah from MSE btw!
http://equatorlive.com/weshop/

daisychain  – (4 May 2010 at 17:54)  

I'm glad to see you blogging, with or without photos you have been missed <3

heartshapedbruise.  – (4 May 2010 at 18:13)  

I'd wondered about your absence!
Nice to see a post from you again - looking forward to seeing some pics & hearing more about these bargains you've been picking up :)

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

LadyBugSays ...  – (4 May 2010 at 21:30)  

Yay, glad to see you back blogging :) Hopefully sky will get a move on with your internet! Loving the sound of your bargains!

Helga  – (5 May 2010 at 04:07)  

Doll,you can NEVER have too many clothes!!
Nice to see you back!

giddynici  – (6 May 2010 at 08:59)  

So good to see you back. Can't wait to see all these fabulous bargains! x

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx