just like the thoughts of my mind

All dressed up with nowhere to go…

We attempted to see Inception tonight at the cinema tonight, apparently everyone in Liverpool had the same idea, and both the 7.15pm and the 8.15pm were sold out by the time we got to the front of the queue. Ah well it’ll be showing for a while and I got a chance to take some pics of my outfit and share some of my finds from the weekend.


Miss Selfridge Leopard print top/dress £2 carboot sale
River Island Jeans £3 charity shop
Per Una Shoes £3.99 charity shop
Black waistcoat 50p carboot sale
Vintage bag 50p carboot sale

Accessorised with a couple of strings of pearls, a chunky silver bangle, cameo ring, all carboot finds, and flower in hair from Primark.


So I went to Headingley in Leeds to visit a dear friend yesterday, what a fab place for charity shops, with no less that 8. The lovely Lara lives no more than a 2 minute walk from this a little piece of heaven on earth and we spend the whole day rooting and rummaging with a break for lunch and coffee.


It was pouring with rain in Liverpool and I’d foolishly left my umbrella at work, not to panic though a quick dig through my draw of vintage scarves and I was ready to face the elements. Not sure it worked that well over a high knot of hair and a big quiff but hey ho it kept me dry! (excuse the rollie I was literally walking out the door but wanted to snap a quick picture) Vintage head scarf and lighter blue/gold neck scarf 25p each from carboot sale, Leather TopShop jacket £1 from a carboot sale (found a couple of weeks ago and I suspect it's going to be one of my best finds ever!)


I came across this bag and couldn’t say no, I’ve never seen anything like it before, it was an absolute steal at £5 from Age Concern. It’s very heavy because of all the stud work so I wouldn’t want to overfill it – which I have a tendency to do!


I couldn’t walk away when I saw this vanity case in British Heart Foundation, at a meagre £3.75 I bought it and left the shop quickly in case they made a mistake! It's never been used and I've just noticed I've not taken the paper off the mirror yet.


This tin was a tiny 75p and I knew it would be just perfect for storing my ever growing collection of nail varnishes.

I also picked up yet another waistcoat for £2.50 and a forever 21 (never heard of them) striped cardi for £2.99 both in the wash, and a couple of bits of jewellery which I’m sure will be featured soon.

So all in all quite a mild shop for me but a thoroughly good time none the less, and we shared a beautiful home cooked dinner before I caught the train home.

And I was so tired this morning I gave the carboots a miss, terrible I know but I just needed a good old chill, which is exactly what I got.  I did have a little sort out of my wardrobe and found a couple of things I'd forgotten about/not worn yet so I almost feel like I've had a root without having to face the grim weather, I did say almost it's no where near the same! I might be missing my rummage session next Sunday too...we'll see how tired I am from my 5.5 hour train journey back from Bournemouth on Saturday evening.

Ta ta for now

Queenie xxx

LillianZahra  – (18 July 2010 at 20:41)  

I love the headscarf - looks fab on you! x

Vix  – (18 July 2010 at 21:09)  

Such a shame about the cinema but never mind, you look utterly fabulous. If ever there was a girl born to wear leopard print then you were.
Great finds especially the rivetted bag and the headscarf, you look like a proper Queen in that.
My best mate was at Leeds Uni and lived in Headingly, spent many a weekend there back in the 80's.
Thanks for the lovely comment you left, it means so much.
Vix
xxx

Sharron  – (18 July 2010 at 22:16)  

Shoes are fab!!! Nice little haul there, particulary (sp) like the vanity case x

Sharron x

Disco Goth  – (18 July 2010 at 22:41)  

Genius headscarf wearing, you pull it off so well! I love the first picture, you look so pretty =) xx

giddynici  – (18 July 2010 at 22:44)  

Don't you look wonderful! Those shoes are especially pretty. You'll just need to try and go again so you can show off another fab outfit.
Love the vanity case. x

Alex  – (19 July 2010 at 13:46)  

Love all your bags and boxes - such great finds :)

The headscarf photo is a classic. So jealous that you suit the look. I tried it out this weekend and looked dreadful :(

LadyBugSays ...  – (21 July 2010 at 10:15)  

Love the head scarf, looks great on you! Can't believe that leather jacket was only £1!!

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx