just like the thoughts of my mind

Rejoining the rat race

Morning lovies,

I start my new job today, hurrah, 3 weeks after I was meant to, damn you government red tape. Cha ching, I can hear the money hitting my bank account already. The fantastic thing is that there is no dress code, I’m very excited at the prospect of freedom from the chains of boring black trousers, boring blouse and plain black courts every day. Okay okay, so not all office wear is quite that bland and even with a smart dress code dashes of individual style can be sneeked in with a vintage scarf, coloured/patterened tights, or statement shoes, but it's not the same as having free roam. I'm quite excited to see what I can come up with. I think I can spy a challenge on the horizon, perhaps.

So back to business, here is what I'm wearing for my first day, smart because it's my first but after today no holds barred: (No outfit photograph as my camera has run out of batteries grrr)

Black Topshop vest 99p charity shop
Black River Island knee length city shorts £1.50 charity shop (yes even after in an early post I said I'd neve wear them!)
Purple and white ruffled top £1.99 charity shop
Black Clockhouse waistcoat 50p carboot
Purple suede Mary Janes 50p carboot 

You'll just have to imagine what it looks like, if I can add a photo later I will.


If you haven’t checked out her fabulous coats already get over to Disco Goth’s blog now for a gander. She sent me over this lovely award thank you, um so I’ve got to share five things about me…

1 – I once did a course in stand up comedy, apparently it’s not something that you can learn, (well not me anyway).

2 – I’m stubborn and will sulk, strop and tantrum like a toddler if I don’t get my own way – funny thing is that it rarely works and I just end up looking rather silly.

3 – I’m very creative but have real trouble putting my crafty ideas into practice, through procrastination and laziness rather than lack of skill or ability.

4 – I’m starting to realise that the biggest challenge in my life is being myself instead of who I think I should be (or who others think I should be) – living life like that can be exhausting and I’m not doing it anymore!

5 – My toes nails are ALWAYS painted, today they are hot pink but mostly they are jet black or ruby red. Bare nails on other people don’t bother me, but on myself they freak me out.

So there, perhaps you know me a little better now, or perhaps you’ve come to realise more fully the crank I really am. I’ll leave that with you to ponder, have a lovely day

Ta ta for now

Queenie x

Alex  – (6 July 2010 at 13:55)  

Oh give over, you're not a crank in the slightest!

Such good news about the new job, I hope you love it.

Vix  – (6 July 2010 at 17:01)  

You sound very smart yet stylish by your description, even if we can't see you.
You're not the only one freaked out by your own bare toenails, I hate mine plain..yuk!

Anonymous –   – (7 July 2010 at 09:32)  

Great news about the job, i hate uniforms and dress codes too, they stifle individuality.

Sharron x

giddynici  – (7 July 2010 at 10:44)  

So glad you are getting started in your job. I hope it all goes very well for you and I look forward to seeing your work outfits.

A stand up course!?! Awesome!

x

LadyBugSays ...  – (7 July 2010 at 11:55)  

Good luck with the new job!! Bare toe nails are just wrong!!

Disco Goth  – (7 July 2010 at 22:20)  

I love the sound of your outfit - I think it's the shoes that swung it for me!
I hate bare toenails on myself too but sometimes at the end of summer I leave it on just to see if it has all grown out by the next spring, it never does =)

xx

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx