just like the thoughts of my mind

Pinky pink, not a colour I usually choose but stepping out of the box

Apologies for the lack of blog yesterday, I guess it was just one of those days. A bit like today really, busy doing lots of things and nothing all at once. I’m feeling quite reflective today, I went to see My name is Khan at the cinema and it’s put a totally different perspective on the 9/11 situation, the state of the world following that and how the perception of one race of people was completely transformed on that day. It’s given me food for thought.

But on lighter matters, I only had to go as far as my loft on Sunday to find treasure. I forgot that I had clothes up there which I was stashing away until they fit me again. I managed to dog out a red knee length denim skirt from H&M, a pair of DKNY jeans and a pair of diesel jeans (wearing in pic) among other things, some more bits to ebay and I feel like I’d been shopping without even having to leave the house, hurrah. My favourite time of shopping, the type that doesn’t cost me a penny!

I tried to introduce a little colour for spring, but I'm feeling very uninspired at the moment. If it were socially acceptable I'd go about my business in PJ's and a big dressing gown...come on spring I'm sick and tired of being cold and grey :(


Diesel jeans – from my loft, bought from TK MAXX a couple of years ago
Pink jersey polo neck £1 charity shop
Grey Primark Cardi
Shoes – Faith sale £25


No pancakes for me today because I don't eat flour, but I treated myself to a tuna steak for my dinner which was delish, so I don't feel left out one little bit.

And on a totally different note I opened a Body Shop Brazil nut body butter today and it is gorgeous, thick and creamy, and smells lush. Very slowly working my way through my stash and happy to report that I've not broken my challenge since starting it...so I'm a very happy bunny on that front.  The clothes challange I'm finding slightly tougher but I'll get there.
 
Ta ta for now
 
Queenie xx

daisychain  – (16 February 2010 at 19:44)  

I wish I could afford body shop body butters. I adore them.

You should wear more pink it suits you so well x

Jen  – (16 February 2010 at 20:07)  

This colour really suits you! I love pale pink - it's so classically feminine. Body Shop body butters are my favourites!

char  – (16 February 2010 at 20:50)  

Love the pink and grey combo with the pearls :)

Vix  – (16 February 2010 at 20:55)  

You look fab in pink!
Vix
xxx

Alex  – (16 February 2010 at 22:09)  

You really suit pink - I vote you wear it more often :)

LadyBugSays ...  – (16 February 2010 at 22:49)  

Pink is definitely a good colour on you! Yay for free shopping, I had a taster of this when I unpacked clothes that had been in storage for 6 months :)

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx