just like the thoughts of my mind

Some recent ebay purchases and A brand new shopping challenge...

Hello beautiful people x

I'm not actually here I'm away in London but this clever blog thing schedules post, so I have written this one ahead of time to be posted while I'm away, hurrah :)

Well I couldn't quite go forward in time to bring you an outfit but here are a few very pretty things I have bought on ebay recently that I thought I'd share:


The purple floral top is New Look,very pretty.

The floral bag is BNWT by Ulster Weavers I love it, different from all the primark ones kicking about, and big enoug to carry all my junk and will add a floral touch to a plain outfit.


The collection of costume jewellery consisting of: a silver coloured star pendant with chain approx 27 inches long, a gold coloured bar brooch (a twist shape) measures about 3 inches in length, gold coloured stud type earrings with backs, shaped like balls, a metal charm bracelet with 5 charms depicting space objects and a string of white/pearl coloured beads length approx 24 inches. I think my fave is the charm bracelet, but we'll see when it arrives.

The dress is actually sheer and I didn't realise, at the moment it's not a problem with a vest underneath and skinny jeans but in the summer I don't want to be flashing everything so I think I'll have to invest in some sort of slip - any suggetions?


These very pretty floral shoes (which I'm told are topshop, they haven't arrived yet so I'm not sure myself) I really do love them though even though the postage was steep. I'm smiling right now at the thought of wearing them.

And last...I've blogged these before because I was so excited when I won them for 99p plus £2 postage, in fact excited doesn't quite cut it, I was over the moon.  Well the sad thing is that haven't arrived and the seller isn't responding to my messages :( I'm really sad about it and I don't want to have to raise it as a dispute but it looks like I'm going to have to.  Such a shame, I really do love the shoes I do't care that they are late, I don't care that I've been ignored all would be forgotton if they were to arrive in the morning. Somehow I doubt that though 

I’ve also picked up other bits and pieces here and there, a pair or two of earrings here, £10odd in a charity shop there. Only spending small amounts at a time BUT it all adds up which is why I am setting myself a new challenge, hopefully one I can stick to this time and one that is manageable. I’m not going for a total no spend challenge because I think that is too brutal and I’m bound to fail because there is a jumble sale on 11th March which I am most certainly going to attend and therefore spend.

So here is my challenge:

From 1st March to 31st March I am giving myself a £25 budget to spend on clothes, footwear and accessories (jewellery/bags/scarves etc) also including materials to make, amend or customise things. Anything with a bid on ebay before 1st March doesn’t count. Once this £25 has gone it has gone, if I want to spend more then I need to make the purchase spend neutral by selling something on ebay (funds from somethng new, not somthing sold before 1st March), or using a voucher earned from surveys (I’m sure as the month goes on I might become more creative in how I be spend neutral). Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

So there it is…scary but possible, more than possible. I'm doing well with the no toiletries challenge, I'm over 30 days in and haven't spent a penny. If I can just crack this one I'll be laughing!

Wish me luck

Queenie xx

heartshapedbruise.  – (27 February 2010 at 08:57)  

I'm impressed with your purchases, particularly that bag - love it!
I hope the shoe thing resolves itself asap, & it concludes in you receiving your shoes, not a refund (so disappointing!)
Best of luck on your challenge :)

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

char  – (27 February 2010 at 10:21)  

very clever schedules post queenie :)
and i like the sound of the challenge, maybe i should do something similar as i failed mine as well last month..but as im off to shop in liverpool in 10 mins i'll p[erhaps start it in march lol
hope your weekend is good xx

Vicki  – (27 February 2010 at 11:18)  

You have some pretty purchases queenie.
I have quite a few sheer dresses and slips are usually boring and plain.
I bought a navy and a bright pink slip style nightie trimmed with lace and bows for £1.50 at Asda and Tesco and they are perfect under pretty dresses.
Vicki xx

Alex  – (27 February 2010 at 15:09)  

So many beautiful floral goodies! The bag is especially lovely and it'll be perfect for spring and summer :)

The challenge sounds like a great idea to me and I like the idea of customising and altering things. Let us know how you get on.

daisychain  – (27 February 2010 at 18:25)  

I have that purple floral top, I think, or I might have sold it a while ago haha. Fab buys <3

giddynici  – (28 February 2010 at 21:43)  

What fab, fab buys. I really hope those shoes turn up, they are fantastic.

Good luck with the challenge. x

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx