just like the thoughts of my mind

No animals were hurt in creating todays' outfit

I’m having a real clothes crisis today, feeling really uninspired, like I’ve got nothing to wear…which totally isn’t true I’ve got lots of lovely clothes but today they all feel boring. Grrr you ever have days like that?

Thank you for your kind comments yesterday about my complexion/make up, I’ve only recently really started taking care of it - funny how a no spend toiletries challenge can do that for a girl. In the morning I wash with a face wash using a face brush, then moisturise. In terms of make up yesterday I use a little highlighter under my eyes to try and banish dark circles, then I used either tinted moisturiser that I’ve made myself, neutral coloured eye shadow, a slick of mascara and a smidge of cream blush. At night I clean it all off before going to bed (but like I said this is a very recent addition) – face wipes then eye make up remover, then cleanser, toner and night moisturiser. It’s lovely to wake up feeling clean in the morning instead of having crusty panda eyes. Adding this to my routine has made a massive difference, I’m noticing that I’ve got less black heads round my nose and I get a less spots. I’ve also been using Soap and Glory Fab Facial Peel once or twice a week and I think that helps too – as well as what I eat or don’t eat. I must confess I am a smoker though, so sooner or later my skin will begin to show the signs of that (I think I’m already starting to sport a few wrinkles but I can talk about them without getting overly anxious!) But anyway, thank you for your compliments xx

Am putting some more stuff on ebay today, shoes, bags and clothes. I’ll be sad to see the leopard print basque go, I’ve never worn it but I’ll still be sad to part company with it. I figure if I can sell some bits then I can have a good rummage at the jumble sale on Thursday and (maybe the Charity shops on Friday) and be spend neutral. I’m also going to order some crafty bits to start make earrings again, I really miss my creative output and it’s time to rekindle. I’ve enquired about the knitting workshop and it’s £15 for 4 hours but that includes the use of equipment (which I’m guessing is needles) and wool, and anything you make you get to take away. Being a total beginner who doesn’t know how to cast on, or come to think of it even hold the needles (I’m terrible with chop sticks so let’s hope there is a very distinct difference) I’m wondering if £15 is money’s worth. Can a complete beginner knit anything in four hours?

So anyway…here is what I’ve come up with for today:





(sorry about the unflattering pic of my nose below!)


Jersey Grey leopard print dress – Jane Norman sale about 2 years ago £9
Grey treggins – New Look sale - £7
Black cardi – Primark £10ish (yep another one)
Grey coloured pearls - £3 Asda sale last year
Black Suede Boots – New Look sale £15 couple of years old

(wondering if I should have maybe gone for black coloured treggins instead)

Hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday, nearly the weekend so it's all down hill peddling from here.

Love Queenie xx

char  – (10 February 2010 at 11:13)  

i love the button detail on the cardi, and i think it all looks great together!
i have "nothing to wear days" with alarming frquency, given the sheer volume of clothes and shoes i own..i often have a shoe dilemma too, having put an outfit together and then having a panic as i have nothing to go with it shoe-wise..

Alex  – (10 February 2010 at 13:00)  

I knitted a very nice square in a couple of hours! It's all about having someone sympathetic and helpful (in my case, my ever patient Mum) to show you how to do the stitches and then calm you down when you panic!

If you were doing something like a scarf and it was all a simple stitch then I reckon you could make quite swift progress in 4 hours :)

Btw, you might think it's an uninspired day but you look great - winter chic!

Jas  – (10 February 2010 at 13:30)  

I like the grey treggings (who comes up with these portmanteau terms anyway?) as it gives the boots more definition. I like the button detail on the cardi too.

Nina  – (10 February 2010 at 14:00)  

The animal print ... love it on you!

Disco Goth  – (10 February 2010 at 14:11)  

Love the dress and the boots! x

mAdi*cakes  – (10 February 2010 at 16:44)  

Like this outfit! Very nice touch with the pearls

daisychain  – (10 February 2010 at 17:10)  

I love that dress, the boots are perfect with it.

Jade Purple Brown  – (10 February 2010 at 18:24)  

love the animal print and knee high boots!

harrybo1  – (10 February 2010 at 19:12)  

Am love love loving the boots!! Wish I could find a pair like that for £15!! xx

Jen  – (10 February 2010 at 20:07)  

What a great buy with the boots! They go perfectly with that rockin' dress. I always feel like I have nothing to wear - hence my groaning wardrobe! Ooops.

Vicki  – (10 February 2010 at 21:24)  

What a lovely dress, it shows off your great figure. I need to step up my skincare regime, crusty morning eyes are so me!

Unknown  – (11 February 2010 at 19:33)  

you certainly came up with something good! my favorite part is the layered necklace!
xoxo alison

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx