just like the thoughts of my mind

H is for Hobbs

I adore these boots, in fact most of this winter I have lived in them (as you can see from the pic). I’m not sure I have ever been as excited with a charity shop find, these beautiful Hobbs riding boots were a mere £5. Yes five English pounds. Hurrah! They are functional, practical and classic, and if I look after them they will last and last. The thing I struggle with when it comes to flat boots is they tend to gather at the ankle IYKWIM, I’m not sure how to avoid this.


And my cardigan, I agonised about paying £20 for something in the sale from New Look of all places, but it is quite unusual and it was love at first sight.

I’ve taken a different approach with the photos today, taking them from a higher angle – better or worse?
I tried a smile and I'm not sure who the attitude look is to in the last photo!!


Hobbs riding boots £5 charity shop
Primark Skinny Jeans
Asda Black Jersey polo neck £3
New Look cardigan £20 in the sale
Pink flower earrings £1.50 Asda


Well that’s all from me today. I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who comments and for your ongoing support/suggestions, it is much appreciated

Queenie xx

Alex  – (23 February 2010 at 15:00)  

Oh I like the new angle and you look gorgeous, very slinky! Do you feel better in the new pics?

Wish I'd bought those earrings when I saw them but I couldn't decide between the different colours and then ended up deciding not to get them at all!

giddynici  – (23 February 2010 at 15:04)  

That is a lovely unusual cardi and is the perfect look with the riding boots!

And you have the sweetest smile, honestly.

x

Jas  – (23 February 2010 at 15:27)  

What great boots & what a bargain they were. I like the new camera angle. Oh for the days I could wear black. Black clothing + white cat = disaster.

daisychain  – (23 February 2010 at 15:44)  

Your so pretty, I love your smile! Those boots were such an amazing find, I am quite envious x

char  – (23 February 2010 at 16:34)  

Yes I agreee that the camera angle is good :)
and those asda earrings look great, I went with my mum at the weekend, but they only had the red ones left..
(so she bought me an alice in wonderland tshirt instead :D )
xx

Vix  – (23 February 2010 at 17:01)  

Wow! How good do YOU look?
There is a touch of the Victoria Beckham's about you (only in a supremely more natural, prettier way)and you are even more gorgeous when you smile.
I love those biker boots, why not get a pair of over-the-knee socks and scrunch them right down at the ankle to pad them out a little (that's what I do with my wellies).
Vix
xxx

Vicki  – (23 February 2010 at 17:38)  

Thumbs up for the camera angle! Wow what a find those boots were. I deliberated over those earrings but they only had red so didn't go for them in the end. The pink is really pretty though.
Glad you're feeling more cheerful today, the smile is a good look for you xx

LadyBugSays ...  – (23 February 2010 at 19:21)  

What bargain boots! Love the photo montage you pretty thing!

Jen  – (23 February 2010 at 20:16)  

Great boots! They're really fab, and such a bargain! Love your little pink earrings, and your skin is glowing. :)

Sher  – (24 February 2010 at 15:26)  

Oh, I'm loving your all black outfit with the slightest hint of pink! You look so sweet and tough all at the same time too:)

xx

Jan xx  – (24 February 2010 at 22:10)  

Love the cardigan ! You have such lovely skin Queenie .... I'm very envious !

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx