just like the thoughts of my mind

Coloured tights, has she seen the light?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been neglecting you all the last few days…have been really busy so I can only apologise, am I forgiven? I’m going away to London for the weekend tomorrow, back Sunday and then away in Liverpool Monday to Friday next week, so things will be pretty quiet round here, but I'm hoping to pop in Sunday and maybe Monday morning.

I've just noticed that I am up to 19 followers already, a massive thank you to everyone who reads and comments. I spose I had better start thinking about my first giveaway soon then :)

Not posting an outfit that I wore today but I did buy some coloured tights and have been playing around with a couple of outfits which I would love your feedback on:

First one I’m unsure which tights go best with this dress, I tried it with mustard, teal and pale pink. I’m thinking the mustard ones but don’t know if I’m brave enough, what do you think?


I bought the dress today from International for £7.50, it’s actually a size 14 because I liked the looser fit, I bought another one in a 10 which is black with a floral pattern, much more fitted and I think I’d wear that one over skinny jeans rather than tights. Boots by Office £5 charity shop. Tights were 75p - £1 from international. Here is a pic of te back of the dress:


I love the red  I picked up today and am thinking that this outfit looks fabulous…might swap the shoes for boots though:


(for some reason I look quite apple shaped in this pic and naturally
I'm more of an hourglass on a good day and pair on a bad day!)

Grey leopard skirt – peacocks sale £4
Spotty vest £5 from select about 3 years old
Red tights 50p primark
Shoes £2.99 charity shop
Red skinny belt - peacocks £2.50 for 2
Parrot earrings - gift

Here are pics of the renewed hair colour, it’s meant to be blue black but not sure that it’s coming through in the photos: (The top I'm wearing was given to me by a friend, it's quite floaty with elasticated wide sleeves, which I wore with black skinny jeans)


The last photo was for a bit of fun..I’d never wear this combo but wanted to try out the pink tights, and I would certainly be wearing a white bra under the shirt!


I’ve never actually been brave enough to wear this shirt yet but it’s something that sits in my wardrobe waiting to be taken out to play. It was £5 in the republic sale last year, I fell in love and often look longingly at it but that’s as far as it goes. I have a similar black one with long straight sleeves which has never been worn either, also from republic in the sale for £10. The skirt is denim by DKNY from TK Maxx £12 in the sale, the ring was £1 from international, boots £40 in the zara sale bought with christmas money, earrings are from asda and are years old.

Anyway that is quite enough from me for one day, if I get time I'll update an outfit in the morning, if not I'll be back on Sunday.

Queenie xxx

char  – (25 February 2010 at 23:22)  

I love all of them, think I'm more drawn to the mustard tights, the dress is fab and I love the red tights outfit, very nautique!! Also, why couldn't u wear the last outfit??

Unknown  – (25 February 2010 at 23:23)  

Queenie I love that white shirt its fab!
Love the pink tights too.

Poppy x

heartshapedbruise.  – (26 February 2010 at 00:16)  

Wish I had an Internacionale somewhere near me - seems like really nice stuff, for decent prices - jealous!

You should definitely take the plunge & wear that white shirt. It looks great on you & would go with so many things, I'd think it'd be pretty versatile, & therefore actually quite easy to wear..?

This post has made me want to go shopping for more coloured tights!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Jan xx  – (26 February 2010 at 07:29)  

Queenie, I like the pink tights with the dress, but the mustard go equally well. Not sure about the teal but I'm only a novice and still learning ! The white shirt is fantastic ! It looks great on you xx

Vicki  – (26 February 2010 at 08:30)  

All the tights work, but I like the mustard as it's more of a statement.
The red outfit is amazing, are you going to wear it today?
Don't you look like Darlene from "Roseanne" in your hair photos? lol. I'm not too sure about the shirt, it's really lovely but the bottom bit with the extra volume is what would stop me wearing it. Have you tried tucking it into jeans?
Vicki xxx

Disco Goth  – (26 February 2010 at 09:31)  

I'm in love with that white shirt! If I had that in black I think I would wear it all the time.

If you are in Primark in Liverpool on Monday look out for me - I'll be the one with pink hair!

x

LadyBugSays ...  – (26 February 2010 at 10:27)  

Fab post, loving all that photos! All of thos tights go with the floral dress :) Love the red outfit with the leopard skirt! White shirt is great!

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx