just like the thoughts of my mind

Study bl**dy Sunday

Yep…it’s D day tomorrow for the land law essay, oh the joy. So today I’m spending the day in the library finishing it and sitting there until it is done. I can think of much better ways to spend a Sunday, lazing around my turquoise leopard print pyjamas in front of the open fire, catching up with Hollyoaks, sipping tea and chatting waffle being just one of many. Land Law (apparently) is the most hated module in a law degree, because it is complex or in other words difficult. The elements are so disparate, hard to link one concept to another - there is old law and new law following reform (reform to make the system easier and fairer – another f**k up by the Government there then, but that’s a whole different topic - and unfortunately it’s a compulsory module in every qualifying law degree (LLB) so I’ve got very little choice other than to take a Nikey approach and

JUST DO IT!

So I’ve gone for casual and comfy today:




Embellished vest from pilot, £5 in the sale, bought from my holiday to Egypt last year and this is only the second time I’ve worn it!

Diesel Jeans £30 from TK MAXX, love these jeans they are so comfy and a bit big now but I’m not giving them up!

Grey Cardigan Primark £10, have lived in this over the winter. When I saw it I bought four of them, one each in grey, black, brown and navy. Was so glad I did because I have absolutely worn them to death. They wash well, can be layered and go with practically anything.

Grey Uggs – I love my uggs. I bought these with my first student loan payment which feels like years ago now (about 18 months). I bought them online using a got a 20% discount code so paid £112 for them. It was a huge amount to spend but if I was to break that down into cost per wear I think they’d be paying me by now! I’ve also got some in black which were a Christmas pressie but they are even more trashed than these ones. I’m thinking of getting a dye and kinda painting over the black ones (with black obviously) but I’ve resisted because I’m unsure how well it would work with them being suede. My mum doesn’t understand uggs, she thinks they are ugly, and I tend to agree with her, they are not the prettiest item of footwear by any stretch of the imagination BUT they are the most comfortable thing I have ever worn on my feet. And it’s well worth investigating in a pair of uggs, I had the imitation ones for years but nothing compares to how these fit and feel.


On a different note entirely having finished the tube of Soap and Glory daily smooth body butter I had to dive into my stash for the next one to use. I picked out a half used 75ml tub of fcuk polished whipped body cream. Oh my god this stuff is gorgeous and smells fabulous. It’s lighter than body butter but feels just as luxurious. I’ve probably only got one more use out of it but I’d certainly consider buying it again in the long distant future when I’ve used up everything else… Mini size, 75ml is £2.25 and 300ml is £5.50, Boots have 1/3 off those prices at the moment, but I don’t need it right now and the offer will come round again. It’s cheaper than Soap and Glory, it feels equally as luxurious and it smells divine so certainly a contender for a future purchase.

Right that essay won’t finish itself so I better grab my coat and be off

Ta Ta for now

Queenie xx

Alex  – (7 February 2010 at 12:48)  

Are they still selling those cardis? If so, I'll be the one beating a hasty trail to Primark. Love the button detailing on the sleeves and how cosy and comfy it looks :)

Good luck with the essay. I had to suffer through a few law courses at uni so I can vaguely remember the pain!

Unknown  – (7 February 2010 at 12:59)  

fingers crossed it all goes well tomorrow x

Missy
Don’t forget to check out my valentines giveaway!
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Vix  – (7 February 2010 at 13:15)  

Good luck with the essay!


Nice "easy like sunday morning look" but 'fraid I've got to agree with your Mum on the Ugg boots!

Vix
xxx

daisychain  – (7 February 2010 at 17:26)  

Good luck getting the essay done. I had a half hearted stab at study this morning but gave up
*quitter*

I love the neck detail on your top.

LadyBugSays ...  – (7 February 2010 at 19:18)  

Lucky girl having the real Ugg boots, until my bank balance significantly improves I will have to stick with my fake ones :( Love the buttondetailing on the cardigan!

Jen  – (7 February 2010 at 20:29)  

Good luck with your essay! Eeep, I remember the essay days. Surely the worst bit of uni?! :)

Unknown  – (8 February 2010 at 08:38)  

Snap with the cardis I got one of each in black, grey and oatmeal!
Hope your essay went well.
Poppy x

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so if you'd like to share something please feel free to do so below xx